This last week was another busy but good one. There was lots going on, so "better late than never" I am joining with Susanne at Living to tell the Story to remember my favorite things this week.
Another young man who served his mission at the same time as Josh and came home the day before Josh also spoke. At the end of the service, our bishop congratulated both young men and presented them with their missionary plaques which had hung in our church building while they were out serving their missions.
It was so great to have our daughter, her husband and their children with us for this very special day.
While the grandchildren were in town, we enjoy doing things like baking cookies...
Frosting the cookies and making Halloween crafts. We all went together to take the cookies to an elderly lady from our church congregation, who also happens to be our son-in-law's great, grand aunt.
My oldest grandson liked checking out some of his Uncle Josh's old toys.
Unless the grandkids come, the toys don't get much use at our house.
Grandpa enjoyed some hugs and cuddles from the youngest.
Forts were built...
...and family games were played.
We also carved Jack-o-lanterns together.
It was a lot of fun.
Big Sister and Little Brother.
It is always nice to see my grown-up kids together.
Also this last week, it was Josh's first opportunity to vote and he did so early.
Charly and I also got our early ballots ready and mailed away this last week. I have voted in every major election since 1980 and consider it an honor, privilege and responsibility to do so.
Josh has been wanting me to make Pazole since he got home from Mexico. I finally found the recipe for a slow cooker version that looked like something I could handle. Here is what it looked like this morning when I put it all together. It will be Sunday dinner later today. If you are interested in the recipe, find the link here.
Finally, I will end with this thought which is so so totally true.
Have a wonderful week.





All the welcome home fun sounds awesome. How proud you must have been to hear your son's Missionary talk. Looks like the toys are being well played with while the kids are there. Lots of fun things to do at Grandma's. I am drooling over your wall of books!
ReplyDeleteSO glad your family is together again.....I've loved watching (from afar) the journey your son has taken in his mission life. And nothing better than having family home for the celebration!!! (great pumpkins your people made, too!!!)
ReplyDeleteI love seeing your family together! Cute pic of Josh and his "big" sister. Good looking kids!
ReplyDeleteIt's great when families are together and especially to celebrate special occasions!
ReplyDeleteWhat a lovely post about family, sharing an event for Josh, and time spent together.
ReplyDeleteThose pumpkins are great!
Have a wonderful week ~ FlowerLady
P.S. the Pazole recipe looks yummy.
ReplyDeleteFun pics of the family. Hey, I think that you and hubby should break out those toys more often and put them to use - Ha!
ReplyDeleteWhat a nice celebration!! Can feel the happiness right through thee screen. :) :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great celebration. : )
ReplyDeleteEveryone looks happy. What a blessing to have such a wonderful family.
wow! You had your hands full with all the grandchildren and Halloween activities. But I'm guessing you loved every minute by the smile on the face. How awesome that you get to do early voting. That doesn't seem to be a choice here in New York. UGH...i dread Election day. it seems to bring out the worse in people...at least on social media. I'm going to avoid FB that day for sure!
ReplyDeleteI hope you have a very relaxing and enjoyable week ahead.
I bet you were so proud of him during his speech and the service. Also how nice that your daughter and family came for the celebration at your church. Things are quiet around here but I will be seeing my west coast daughter for thanksgiving AND for the after Christmas holidays. I'm excited.
ReplyDeleteOh how awesome to see your son give his talk, and have your family around you. So happy for you and yours.
ReplyDeleteWow, what a beautiful experience for your son and great family memories. I'm sure you are one proud momma. Love the photos of children making Halloween crafts.
ReplyDeleteHi Deb!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about blogging, it seems like the last thing on my list these days.
Its so fun for me to see, Josh! I don't even know him...and I feel,lime I know him! I love homecomings! Hearing about all of the blessings, the sacrifice, the love and the miracles, it is truly inspired. You have such a beautiful family!
Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!!
Hugs,
Barb