According to the Old Farmer's Almanac (and Google), September 22 is the first official day of fall this year. That made this past weekend the final official weekend of summer 2026. Here are some of the highlights.
Friday morning we had some very heavy rain and even some hail! This is the view of the condo complex behind our home at about 8 a.m. Friday morning. We had heavy rain and thunder storms off and on throughout the morning.
A very sad result of Friday's storm is that this lightening strike killed a 19-year-old hiker. We know it was this strike that killed the young hiker on Mt. Timpanogos (which I can see from my front window) because the time stamp on the photo was the exact same as the moment the hiker was struck and killed. Tragic.
The rain finally let up about mid-morning and we ventured out to get some shopping done.
We were able to go to Walmart for a few things and then go over to Winco for our regular groceries. As soon as we got our groceries in the car, it started to rain again, but not as heavy as earlier in the day.
In the late afternoon, I decided to venture out for a walk, even though it was still cloudy and quite windy.
I finished most of my walk, then in the last two blocks, I heard thunder and the rain started again. Fortunately, the heavy rain waited until I was back in my house.
It rained off and on, sometimes quite heavily, for the rest of the day and well into the night. It was the most rain we have had for some time. There was flooding some places and even a tornado in Davis County which is north of where I live. Tornados in Utah are pretty rare.
We did not g et any rain on Saturday, and there were some blue skies but also a lot of clouds. We went out for a morning walk and it was cool enough for a jacket.
I spent some of Saturday morning taking everything out of our fridge, and cleaning and reorganizing it. I threw away some forgotten and out of date food items, and cleaned every shelve and drawer. I love a clean and organized fridge.
We also worked in the garage, further organizing and putting things away. We made enough progress that we can once again get one of our cars in the garage, so that was nice. Our goal is to get rid of even more things so we can get both cars in the garage.
Saturday evening, Charly and I went to the temple to worship and pray. It was a lovely, peaceful evening.
After the temple, we had some delicious pizza from our new favorite pizza place that is literally only a couple of blocks from our home.
Sunday morning we went to church. This beautiful painting of Jesus washing the feet of the disciples is just outside of our chapel and I saw it as I went in to the worship service. I love the paintings of Jesus in our chapels.
After church, I ate lunch and spent most of the afternoon getting ready for my daughter and her family to come to Sunday dinner. I made sloppy joes and we had baked beans, cut-up fruit and salad with it. This is a cake I baked for desert. This was a new-to-me cake recipe called Are You Kidding Me Cake? I got the recipe from a blog/vlog friend, Kathy at Kathy's Happy Home 2 on YouTube.
Here is the recipe as I wrote it in my recipe journal. The cake was excellent - my family gave it 5/5 stars! We had it with vanilla ice cream.
Here is the recipe I used for the sloppy joes I made. They were so good - another recipe I got from Kathy's Happy Home!
We had a delightful eating and visiting together. Only three of the grandchildren came because the oldest granddaughter is serving as a missionary and the oldest grandson had a project due for one of his college classes and he had to finish that. I'm so grateful that we were able to enjoy an evening together. We made plans to get together again soon.
That's all for now. Thanks for stopping by. Have a good week and Happy Fall!
Until next time,
😊Deb💖
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments! Have a wonderful day!