Welcome to a new week. We are having a hot start to the week where I live, but I am looking forward to cooler temperatures in a few days (according to the forecast). I'm continuing with a daily (or almost daily) Happiness Challenge organized by The Gal Herself at her blog One Gal's Musings. Here are some things that made me happy today.
๐This morning, I met up with an old friend from high school who I hadn't seen in many years. We were good friends our senior year and we've tried to stay in touch over the years, which mean that we exchange Christmas cards. When I found out she had moved from Texas to a town near the one where I live, I asked her if she wanted to get together. She suggested that we meet at the park shown above for a walk. We walked this beautiful park and surrounding neighborhood for over an hour and had a great time chatting and catching up on each other's lives. Reconnecting with this good friend today made me very happy!
๐Although it's not finished yet significant progress was made on our backyard patio project today. The project should be completely finished this week sometime. We are very pleased with the work that is being done. I'm very happy that we decided to undertake this project that is making our backyard space a lovely extension of our home.
๐ Josh got a job interview for a position that he really wants. The job is with an organization that he wants to work for, and probably has more future potential than his current job. He is excited and nervous all at once. I'm happy that he has the job interview and I'm praying that it goes well for him and that he will get the job if it is God's will for him.
If you want to join in the Happiness Challenge, each day in August you can post about something that makes *you* happy. Pretty simple. And, it doesn't even have to be every day if you don't want it to be. It's a great way to remind ourselves that there are positive things going on in our lives, our communities, and the world.
Until next time,
๐Deb๐
"Happiness is not a goal...
it's a by-product of a life well lived."
~Eleanor Roosevelt
No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and comments! Have a wonderful day!